Why we collect your personal data and how long we retain them
In this section we illustrate why we use your data, i.e., which are the purposes of our processing activity.
We also specify if you are required to provide your data, what happens if you decide not to provide your data to us, and how long we retain your data.
- Enabling navigation on the Website
- Creating and managing the user account (including possible verification of the account and recovery of the credentials) and using account-related features.
- Carrying out the necessary activities to execute and perform the contract for the provision of services/products requested or purchased by users, whether or not on the Website.
- Dealing with the requests for participating in webinarsor events, subscribing newsletters, receiving fee quotes, and processing orders.WebinarA webinar is an educational or training seminar that is attended remotely, through an internet connection.
- Handling the complaints (if any) and the requests for sending service communications and product updates, either via traditional communication media, such as postal mail, or by remote communication systems, such as e-mail, chat, telephone, SMS, chatbot, banners, notification systems and other means of distance communication.ChatbotA chatbot is an electronic instant conversation (chat) between you and an artificial intelligence (bot).
- Providing assistance, support, and training to the users of our products and services. In order to provide assistance to users, we may also process Usage Data relating to the product.
- Complying with the obligations arising from national or European law provisions, regulations, or rules (e.g., tax and accounting obligations) or dealing with, or responding to, the requests made by judicial authorities, or by administrative and tax authorities.
- If, in case of legal claims and/or complaints, TeamSystem has the necessity to retain your personal data in order to ensure legal defence (letter j) for a period of 10 years (corresponding to the limitation period applicable to the contractual liability of TeamSystem);
- Or if, in case of pending litigation, further retention is due to the duration itself of the pending proceedings or to specific requests made by the competent judicial authority.
- Carrying out analysis and research activities concerning the products and services provided by us, and the way you use them, in order to enhance and develop our products and services. In compliance with the principle of data minimizationthese activities shall only be carried out on your personal data in so far as it is necessary, by ensuring that such activities are carried out fairly and correctly. Furthermore, where possible, we will anonymiseWhat is the "principle of data minimization"?This principle means that we only process personal data that are “adequate, relevant and limited” in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.or aggregate personal data before using them.AnonymisationAnonymisation is a technique used to make the data subject to which personal data relate no longer identifiable.
- Measuring satisfaction with the products and services that you have purchased from TeamSystem or dealing with problems or issues relating to the use of products or services (e.g., initiatives contributing to promoting better use of products or services, also in order to prevent returns/withdrawals from subscriptions, and to improve the users and customers experience).
- Enforcing and defending the rights of TeamSystem, also in the framework of credit recovery procedures and assignment of credits to authorised companies, assessing the position and reliability of customers, and carrying out controls aimed at preventing and/or punishing deceitful or damaging actions.
- Carrying out prospective mergers, assignments of assets, transfers of business, assignments of an on-going business or financial operations, by disclosing and transferring your data to the concerned third parties.
- Performing customer segmentation based on non-invasive categories such as, among others, the professional category, the city/district/region of residence, the type of product/service that you have purchased, or about which you have requested information through the Website. Segmentation may also be performed on platforms of third-party providers, through the interconnection with the data of such third-party platforms. In any case, the communications made for Marketing Purposes shall only be sent in compliance with the express consent given by you and with the provisions laid down in this policy. In such a context, we may also use personal data to identify similar customer profiles.
- Managing the information resources of TeamSystem, including infrastructures, websites, and technological equipment, to ensure service continuity and to guarantee IT security (for instance, to prevent cyberattacks or to perform verifications in case of cyberattacks).
- Sending you updates and commercial offers about the TeamSystem products and services, also upon prior interconnectionof Usage Data and Navigation Data and analysis of your behaviour, as concerns either the navigation of the Website and, more widely, the use of the TeamSystem products and services (provided that the consents expressed upon collection of such data are respected), or sending invitations to take part in events, to carry out market surveys or to conduct other commercial initiatives.InterconnectionInterconnection refers to the use of two or more combining databases. For instance, the data contained in a database may be automatically updated in case of amendments to the data contained in a second database.
All the above may be performed either via traditional media, like postal mail or telephone call by an operator, or via automated communication means like e-mail, chat, messages (SMS and other instant messaging), chatbotand other distance communication means.ChatbotA chatbot is an electronic instant conversation (chat) between you and an artificial intelligence (bot).
- Disclosing your personal data to other companies of the TeamSystem group and/or to the network of its commercial partners, to send marketing communications and to realize other promotional initiatives for the purposes, and via the communications means, specified in previous letter n).
- Sending marketing communications via emails concerning products or services that are similar to those representing the object of the contract between you and us. You may opt-out from such communications at any time.